Salary and Leave Policy
How is Salary Calculated
- You’re paid per hour of work done. We cap it to 40 hrs/week or 8 hrs/day (Monday-Friday)
- If you work more than 45 hours a week (That’s our hard cap). You’ll NOT be paid for those extra hours. We strongly encourage you to spend time not working and doing something else if this is the case. We want you to have a work-life balance. That’s important. If you still want to work - spend it on your personal projects.
- We recommend you work 8 hours/day and not more than that. We set a hard cap to 9 hours (if you’re in the middle of the task, that needs to be done). Anything above those 9 hours will not be taken into account. We want you to have a work-life balance and we understand you’re people too!
- You cant fill in hours from one week to the next. i.e : You cant work 20 hours one week and work 60 next week. Weekly hours are capped at 40.
- Important: Never clock idle time or add manual time on Hubstaff. We do regular strict compliance and audits every Monday. If we find idle activity in your account - You will not be paid for it + You will also be penalised for the number of hours you have idle time that week. For example : If you have 5 hours of idle time, You will not be paid for those 5 hours + 5 hours of regular work will be discounted from the salary. We take this very seriously. If you’re here to rack up time. You shouldn’t be working with us.
- In short paid leaves are 10% of the number of hours you worked. For example: If you’ve worked for 180 hours/month. You get 18 hours of paid leaves a month. We pay for those paid leaves into your account every month automatically.
- An average month is about 160 work hours. so, you get about 16 hours of paid leaves / month. That’s 2 days worth of paid leaves.
- Please note that your leave days are not accumulated and any leave days exceeding 2 days in any month will be unpaid.
- We will NOT be paying paid leaves to your bank account every month. Your paid leaves will be accumulated in your personal statement that’s with the company until its $250. Paid leaves accumulated more than $250 will be paid to your bank account, and you’ll only get $250 back if you leave the company by serving your notice period of 30 days. This is to prevent people from leaving the company without notice period.
Example 1: An intern works 20 hours/week. 80 hours a month (instead of working full time 160). It’s not fair for us to pay him for 16 hours of paid leaves (10% of 160). Instead we pay him for 8 hours of paid leaves (10% of 80).
Example 2: An
admin works for 10 hours a week. 40 hours/month. His paid leave will be 10% of his total hours in a month which would be equal to 4 hours. We don’t want someone who works less to get more paid leave as someone who works full time. This would be fair to everyone.
Example 3: An Employee works 176 hours/month. He would get 17.6 hours of paid leaves (10% of 176) which is equal to more than 2 days of paid leaves.
Apply for leaves
- You need to apply for a leave by filling the Leave Application Form on your
HackerBay Employee Dashboard. You should fill this form at least 3 working days in advance.
- Your manager would let you know if your leave is approved.
- Emergency: We understand this sometimes happens. Fill the form on the same day of the emergency. You can claim emergency leave twice / yr and we require evidence to consider it. If you claim emergency leave without evidence, a violation will be reported against you.
- Inform your manager and your client (if you have any) immediately.
- If you’re off for more than a day and are on a medical leave, then it is mandatory to submit Doctors Prescription / Hospital Records & Invoice. We usually let client know about your health and also send them this evidence.
- Doctor Prescription / Hospital Records should be in English. These are sent to clients. If they’re not in english, then a notarised translation is required.
If you’re working part time any day then fill up a leave form. There’s now a way to mark a “partial leave”. Make sure you submit a partial leave at least 1 day in advance and have it approved by me. You can see the approval status on your dashboard. If you don’t do this then the bot which computes your salary will automatically register a violation and deducts your salary accordingly in this case. Make sure you also report to the client if you’re working with the client. If you submit the form on the same day. It’ll not be considered and will not be approved.
- You can take a leave off upto 18 months.
- When want to be back, let us know and you’ll be offered the same exact role and compensation you were on before you left.
- When you’re on leave update your Slack Status accordingly. This will help us not to call you when you’re away and it also helps everyone in the team know you’re sick or vacationing.
If you do not fll the standup form on Employee Dashboard, you will lose half of your pay-check for a day.
Office and Work Hours
- Office is optional. We don’t have an office. Ideally, we can fund a co-work near you if you want to work there, but most people chose to work from their home and save money and time commuting.
- We don’t really care when you work. All we want is to get work done. If you’re a night owl, working at night is okay. Most of us work during the day, so if you’re new to the team, you’ll run into issues quite often. We urge you to work during the day so you can talk to most of us when that happens.