Standups and Meetings
- Fill the standup forms everyday. It’s on your Employee Dashboard.
- Your manager will schedule this for you. Talk to your manager for more details.
- It’s mandatory to attend.
- They happen daily / bi-weekly / weekly. Your manager will decide how often and when this will happen.
- Your manager will give you a zoom link to join. If you don’t have one. Talk to your manager.
- Your manager will ping you on you team’s general channel 5 mins before the standup time. If you don’t see this ping, contact your manager. If you don’t hear from him in less than a minute, escalate to @nawazdhandala immediately.
- Happens every month. Your manager will talk to you and schedule a time for this. Talk to your manager for more info.
The key to a good one-on-one meeting is the understanding that it is the direct report meeting rather than the manager’s meeting. During the meeting, since it’s the employee’s meeting, the manager should do 10 percent of the talking and 90 percent of the listening.
IMPORTANT: Have your direct report set an agenda and send it to you before the meeting.
Talk about anything you like. This can be work or non-work related.
You may use these questions to help open up your direct report a bit and get proper feedback.
- If we could improve in any way, how would we do it?
- What’s the number-one problem with our organization? Why?
- What’s not fun about working here?
- Who is really kicking ass in the company?
- Whom do you admire?
- If you were me, what changes would you make?
- What don’t you like about the product?
- What’s the biggest opportunity that we’re missing out on?
- What are we not doing that we should be doing?
- Are you happy working here?
Product Manager Check-ins
- These are ONLY for product managers and not for all employees.
- Your manager will schedule this for you. This happens weekly at the same time. Talk to your manager for more details.
- You may be required to demo the product or demo Key Performance Indicators for the product. Keep them handy.
Company Wide (Every Quarter)
- They happen on 25th of March, 25th of June, 25th of September, 25th of December, at 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM Eastern Standard Time (EST). Block these dates on your calendar.
- If 25th is the weekend, then these meetings will happen on the next weekday.
- If you miss these a violation is registered against you.
- This is essential for quarterly feedback, strategy discussions, progress report, and more.